Job Opportunity at Landsborough Auctions
Job Title: Auction Cataloguer
Main Purpose of Job: The Auction Cataloguer is responsible for accurate input of data into the auction software program. Other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet customers courteously and respectfully
- Answer incoming phone calls, respond to inquiries, and/or re-direct to proper department
- Answer e-mails in a timely manner and/or forward to appropriate department
- Assist with packaging and shipping of auction items using Canada Post software
- Gather items for bidder pick-ups.
- Counting, weighing, sorting, packing and unpacking products of various sizes to make sure consignments are accurate
- Photograph and provide accurate descriptions of auction items-catalogue into the Live Auction Group software program
- Maintain accurate consignment forms
- Organize completed consignment forms in labelled binders
- Organize and store catalogued items on shelving units as required
- Working with others within the auction house and manager to make sure daily procedures are completed
- Loading, unloading, moving products and materials by hand or by using equipment such as a hand truck or wheeled cart
- Other duties as assigned
Secondary school graduate, proficient with computer keyboarding & PC operating system, ability to learn new software programs, knowledge of hunting, firearms and have a restricted/non-restricted P.A.L.(or willing to acquire a P.A.L., we can assist), must be organized and understand the importance of keeping items in order, excellent communication skills with close attention to detail and work well with others as a team member.
Occasional exposure to chemicals or commercial products; ie., oil, cleaning solvents, gun powder, lead. Work environment can be dirty and loud at times. (gun range shares a wall)
- Ability to lift 25/50 lbs regularly
- Occasional exposure to inclement weather
- Standing for long periods
- Repetitive motion
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Accepting Consignments for the May
2-Day Gun Auction
Bring your items in early to ensure the best spots for optimal promotion
If you wish to drop off items for an auction, please download a consignment form and list all items being remitted. If you are consigning ammunition, please provide the rounds per box, bag, etc.
This May auction will feature many high-end long guns and accessories. Anyone wishing to consign items in this auction should remit them as soon as possible to ensure you receive the best spots for optimal promotion. Spots fill up quickly. When dropping off consignments, please make sure to bring a list of all your items.
Future Upcoming Auctions:
September 9 & 19, 2023: 2-Day Gun and Accessories, Simulcast & On-Line
Please note to buyers from past auctions who have previously purchased handguns: transfers are very slowly processed from some of the provinces. Please be patient as the RCMP has been flooded with applications.
If you receive a notice of your gun transfer from the CFO, please forward a copy to email@example.com so we can ship your handgun.
If there any questions about items listed in the auction, please make inquiries by 4 PM the Friday before the auction. After that, we cannot respond to calls or e-mails.